Monday, September 13, 2010

Final Goodbye to My Friend Christine

I’m very sorry to say that last Friday, my breast cancer blogger friend Christine from The Edge of Light, passed away. I met Christine through the blogging community and I was thrilled to have found her not only because she was a mets gal like me but she was also a Canadian. Tho she lived in Ottawa and quite distance from Edmonton, we connected instantly. I found her to be a real inspiration, always leaving me so many kind and encouraging words. I loved her sense of humor too.

This past May I was fortunate enough to meet Christine in person in Philadelphia when we both attended a metastatic breast cancer conference. She looked wonderful and was as spirited in person as she was on her blog. Here is a picture I snapped of her at the conference … she was always smiling.

I feel very honoured to have known you Christine. Rest in peace my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment