Saturday, December 5, 2009

On the prowl for ways to diminish my scars


Shea butter! Cocoa butter! Vitamin E oil!!

My surgeon advised me to start using cocoa butter to massage into my surgical scars to help with the healing. I am thrilled that I actually have at home something that I need to help me with this process. I have some Palmer's cocoa butter and some vitamin e oil -- but that's just to get me started. I'm concerned that the Palmer's brand has too many additives to the cocoa butter. However, it is my understanding that shea butter is actually better for your skin and works better than cocoa butter to reduce scars. So, that's what I'm on the hunt for. (Though... I like the smell of cocoa butter better than shea)

I've been searching for pure shea butter and cocoa butter to use on my skin. And it seems that there is a whole world out there that I was previously unaware of -- folks who mix their own body butters and lotions and such things. Who knew? At any rate... I'm not really trying to get that deep into the mixology of it all... but I am going to purchase some unrefined shea butter and some cocoa butter -- as opposed to using the stuff I currently have from the Body Shop (lots of chemicals in that stuff) and the Palmer's cocoa butter. I want to give my body a real chance to heal itself and get a good glow going.

Only 6 months until summer!! Woohoo... I've got work to do before then.


Websites to find natural shea butter and cocoa butters (or recipes to whip up your own body butter):

From Nature With Love

Au Naturale by Miss Sixx

Subtle Essence


Do you know of any other sites where I could find natural products for my skin? Please leave a comment. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment